Water World 2017
Water World at Scifest Africa hosts most of the water-related exhibitions of the festival programme.
Download the Water World 2017 Programme
Water World Estuary Excursion - 10 March 2017
- Put on your board shorts or bikinis and you will be rewarded with a day in the company of South Africa’s premier estuarine scientist, Professor Alan Whitfield, Chief Scientist at SAIAB, who will again take entrepid festinos on a magical tour to the coast. Prof Whitfield will explain how the intricate and complex ecosystems of our estuaries sustain and nurture fishes and other aquatic creatures, while at the same time they have to cope with the increasing demands of human development. (Bookings are essential through the Scifest Ticket Hut).
Water World Apprenticeships in the Lab - 8-10 March 2017
- Spend a morning at SAIAB for some hands-on experience of what our scientists do in their day-to-day research.
Learn about identifying fish with barcodes and find out how barcodes are generated in the lab with Senior Scientists, Dr Gavin Gouws or do some DNA extractions in our Genetics Lab with Molecular Laboratory Manager, Taryn Bodill.(Bookings are essential through the Scifest Ticket Hut).
Vanessa Rouhani is the Water World event organiser. Asked where people can find Water World she explains,
- Water World on the Lawn – this year find Water World on Rhodes campus on the lawn between the DIFS and new LIFE SCIENCES building. Entry from the BARRATT CAR PARK in African Street - look out for the Water World banners.
- Booking is essential for the estuary excursion and guided tours @ Water World!! Book through the Scifest Africa ticket office on line or at the Grahamstown Foundation Monument building on Gunfire Hill.
- A special Water World shuttle runs regularly through the day every day from the Monument to Water World – just meet at the Water World kiosk at the Monument.
- The Water World exhibition is open throughout Scifest and families are especially welcome on Saturday and Sunday.
- Water World has become a regular feature of Scifest Africa come and join us for some watery fun at Water World 2017!”
Download the Water World 2017 programme
Tel: 046 6035800
email: Water World