SAIAB aims to
- impact on values and attitudes of various sectors of the public through active engagement
- equip people with relevant information so they can take meaningful action that contributes towards the sustainable use of aquatic biodiversity.
Public Engagement activities at SAIAB supports its research:
- Tours of the facility are limited to small groups and take place on Friday afternoons at 2.30pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Special arrangements for school groups may be made on request.
- SAIAB has a number of environmental educational resources for schools. For more information see this link.
- Our Staff also actively participate in national science focus events such as Scifest Africa and National Science Week
Please contact Vanessa Rouhani for more information